Monday, March 29, 2010

Not Me Monday!


I decided to link up with MckMama again for a fun "Not Me Monday" since last week was full of such fun things that I DIDN'T do:)

I did not have a pretty good and full weekend despite the fact that my Father had surgery last week and my parents are still at the hospital (he is doing well for all you folks that know and love "Grandaddy Jack"). I did not take my two year old to the hospital to spend the ENTIRE day Thursday. I did not take every type of candy and snack food in our house - PLUS a DVD player and DVDS - PLUS a laptop computer - PLUS a bag full of books and toys. The others in the waiting area were not thrilled that I did not bring all this with me to keep my two year old entertained throughout the day. I was not running so late getting to my dad's surgery that I dressed my child in a blue bunny shirt, green shorts, and red shoes. On a side not, I don't dress my child in clothes that don't match a lot of the time anyway! It was not too cold that day for a t-shirt and shorts despite the fact that none of it matched:) I was not very encouraged and thankful for such sweet friends and family to wait and pray with us (I really, really was actually!!)

I did not have a fantastic experience at the Caleb, Kutless, and Casting Crowns concert Friday night (which I'll blog about later). I did not fall in LOVE with a little boy named Charles from Zambia who has become an immediate member of our family. I did not so enjoy spending this time with my husband. I also did NOT eat at McDonalds in two different towns this weekend b/c they are rebuilding the one in my town and I'm not going through SERIOUS withdrawals!!

God did not speak to me in a new and fun way at a marriage conference on Saturday. I did not have fun spending time with other couples in our church. I also did not yell at my husband when he was late getting to the conference even though he had to go all the way to town and get our child AND pick up lunch for all 40 couples at the conference!! I would NEVER do that especially when I'm on my way to a marriage conference:) My husband and I did not start laughing during the recommitment ceremony and then make our friends laugh too. We could never be so bad and uncontrollable!! The nerve of some people, right??

And most of all, I did NOT get so excited Saturday night simply b/c my child told me he wanted to throw up!! I would never have gotten so excited by the fact that we may finally be at an age where we can prepare for this action instead of cleaning up after it. I mean, I would ceretainly have been more concerned about the fact that he did throw up (and could be sick) instead of the fact that he TOLD me he had to!! I would never continue to tell him how proud I was and not ask if he was ok!! I'm a much more concerned mother than that!

Finally, I did not fall in love with this little girl all over again when my husband held her for the first time:

I do not LOVE, LOVE, LOVE me some Ella Charles!!!

Hope you guys have a great "Not Me Monday" too!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun!!!