
Jack is very blessed with lots of grandparents who love him!! They are all nuts about him and he's crazy about them too. Ben and I are so thankful that he has that in his life. Today I was thinking about a really special relationship Jack has with his Grandaddy (my father). From a very early age, Grandaddy was one of Jack's most favorite people and that continues to be true. I'm an only child so Jack's the only grandchild in my family. My dad just went crazy over this kid and there was nothing that Jack wanted that he didn't (and doesn't still) get with Grandaddy. Most of the grandparents are like that with him, but my dad is the only one who would actually get ANGRY with ME when I didn't give in to his every want:) They have a very special bond and they also share a name. Some of their favorite things to do together are: ride the golf cart; go to the "tractor store"; feed the deer; work in the garden; amd swing on the porch and so many, many more!
My dad had surgery last week and got to come home from the hospital today. (Thanks to all my friends who have been praying for him!) I've been thinking about him a lot this week and for my walk down memory lane, I was thinking of a couple of summers ago when my dad went on a mission trip to Nicaragua. He went with a group of about 12 people and helped build a church and Christian radio. I am very thankful that he loves my son so much, but more than that, I am thankful that my son has that kind of example in his life - a Godly man who knows the importance of serving others in Christ's love. Here's a picture of Grandaddy Jack and his namesake Jack "B" with their shirts on my dad got for them on his trip.

Jack will always be able to look back on this picture and know that his grandfather knew the value of loving and serving others and that a relationship with Jesus is so important that it's worth going to other countries and building churches and radio stations and roads just to have a way to tell others about that relationship! He will know that his grandfather knows that being on mission with God is not only our great priviledge, but it's also far greater than anything else this world offers! I'm very thankful to have this memory to share with my son!
For more walks down memory lane, visit The Goodwin Family.
11 comments:
I had no idea your dad had surgery. I am so out of the loop. The nausea is better so I hope to be at church on a regular basis from now on. I am glad the surgery went well and I hope and pray he has a speedy recovery. The bond between those two will always be very special. Such a wonderful blessing!!!
I love that last paragraph... I love how a certain picture can say SO much about something or someone. Thanks for sharing this memory with us!
That is a great memory. I believe your little boy looks a bit like his grandpa. Our daughter loves her great grands we are blessed to live so close to them.
I also have a degree in SW. I stay home with our daughter though.
I am now a follower of your sweet blog! My husbad loves Sec football, Razorback fans. Have a great day.
Hi, nice to meet you. What a blessing to have a godly heritage! Grandparents are the BEST and that's such a special picture of the two of them together.
how great! That bond is definitely irreplaceable!
I love this! It really made me teary and miss my Grandpa. It is so neat when the special people in our lives get to make memories with our children.
So glad to hear that your dad is doing well. Have a wonerful Easter!
So special for kids to have that special relationship with grandpa! My kids (especially the older two) had that with my dad too.
Be sure you let grandpa spoil that boy any way he wants. We lost my dad in November and I would give anything to have another day to see him give his grandkids something special.
Thanks for sharing your memories.
i have always admired your parents. they are wonderful!!! Jack is very blessed to have them as grandparents. I'm glad your dad is doing well!! Let that granddaddy spoil him. Be thankful that he has a granddaddy that does just that! Ivy has granddaddies, but not ones like jack b's! So you just let that special bond grow stronger everyday and thank God for it! I saw Jack B today at school. I never see him. but he was too stinking cute. loved his tennis shoes, too!
Love your Daddy also! Jack is a blessed little boy to have the family that he does. I can just see your Dad giving in to his every whim! Glad that he is home!
What a blessing when our children and grandchildren have a Godly role model in their lives! AMEN!
Prayers for your father's recovery, that he heals swiftly and comfortably!
Thank you for sharing this memory with us today! ♥
Post a Comment