Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday's Walk

Jennilee over at the Goodwin Family has started Wednesday's Walk so we can all share a memory. I decided to share a memory from before I started blogging. I'm thinking back to the Summer of 2008. Jack had just turned one and was starting to really have this fun and "unique" personality. Ben and I were just realizing that we had a child who was a little unusual, but in the most wonderful ways:)

Here are some of my favorite pictures from that summer:


Jack's first encounter with corn on the cob was a rave!


And he did not appreciate anyone trying to take it away from him!

I think he ate two or three pieces of cob that night:)

He realized this summer that he LOVED playing outside - it was the first time he could really run and have fun and he loved being outside - it didn't matter how hot it was. He would stay out there forever - and still will! (He also had the blondest hair - look how light it is in these pictures. The more we stayed outside, the blonder it got.)


He had a fascination with flags - much like his later fascination with big trucks and trains. He was so excited when they would put all the flags out in town for July 4th and Memorial Day.


And I realized this summer (when I took this picture) that my baby had the prettiest blue eyes I've ever seen!


Enjoy this walk down memory lane:)

10 comments:

Jenilee said...

What precious pics! I have one of abby chewing on corn like that. She had just turned one and was loving corn!!! :) She has big blue eyes too. :) thanks for sharing that summer with us!

Lyn said...

Your little boy is so cute!! I have a little blondie too and I'm hoping his hair stays blond! :-)
When they turn 1, it is so neat to see how their little personalities come out isn't it?
Thanks for sharing your memory.
Blessings!
Lyn @ Southern Homeschool Journey
http://southernhomeschool.blogspot.com/

Caroline said...

What a cutie and Awesome pics. I love corn on the cob. Reminds me of my oldest two kids they love corn on the cob. Thanx 4 sharing !!!
Happy Wednesday
Caroline

Debbie Petras said...

I love to see children eating and not worrying about getting all messy. So adorable!

Great memories and photos. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Blessings,
Debbie

Linda said...

I loved these cute pictures. What a beautiful little guy you have, and a lovely family.

Kudos to Jenilee for starting this up again. I love reading everyone's stories and viewing their pictures.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Shonna said...

Thanks for sharing...that was the summer we met Jack B:) Even though it doesn't seem that long ago, these pictures and your memories show just how fast time flies and our little ones grow!!

Melanie Eccles said...

What a cutie patootie! :D Your photos are great and your family is beautiful. It's nice to meet you via Wednesday's Walk.

Heather said...

What a cutie!!!! THey grow up toooo fast.

Melanie Eccles said...

I'm not gonna lie...I had to google "Roll Tide" :D And I learned Go University of Alabama! lol

It's so great to connect with new friends online. I look forward to your post next week.

Unknown said...

I love corn on the cob pictures too! I remember when a couple of mine did that for the first time. ha!

Your header picture is amazing! I'd love to see more of your photography. Do you have a separate website?

So nice to visit.
Lynnette :)