
Some of you know that Jack's birthday is coming up in April, just a few short weeks away. We are, of course, having a train party. If you're not familiar with our train obsession, you can read about it here and here. I've got the whole party planned..... except the cake! I don't eat cake or any sweets really, but I am very serious about having a really cute birthday cake!! So, I thought as an inspiration to myself about how to make a really cute train cake, I would look back on our last two years of cake. Let me clarify that I don't intend to bake the cake myself - I just want to be able to give someone else ideas about a really cute cake:)
Interestingly enough, I did bake Jack's first birthday cake. We had a Candyland party and I really wanted to be able to say I made his first cake. I was concerned about people actually eating the cake, but my mother said, "Lori, nobody is going to eat the cake with all that awful candy on it anyway - just make it cute!" so I stopped worrying about it so much. The kids did eat it though.

For Jack's second birthday, we had a carnival!! We had a petting zoo (sort of), pony rides, and all sorts of fun. We won't mention how my child did not exactly ENJOY his party!! And we had a really cute cake!

So, now I'm getting ready for another party and I can't belive my child is about to be three!!! Maybe I'm thinking about the cake to keep from thinking about how fast it's all going!
For more walks down memory lane, visit The Goodwin Family.
5 comments:
good luck with the hunt for the perfect cake! I can't wait to see what the result is. I have a small obsession with cake decorating though I have NO skills myself. :D
and buying pizza dough at a local pizzeria is A GREAT idea too! I love frugal and fun. :)
ps. I'm really enjoying connecting with you via blogland.
Blessings!
Mel
what great cakes! my oldest has a birthday coming up and she always just wants a plate of brownies! :)
GREAT job on the cakes!
Thanks for stopping by today! The candyland candy land cake is awesome! Great job. I also like the second. Good luck with this one, it does go so fast.
Oh, those cakes look yummy! Hope your party is great fun! Looks like you truly enjoy celebrating birthdays...I love that.
You have a lovely family, and I enjoyed my visit.
Happy Wednesday-Walking!
I *almost* did a candyland first birthday for Audrey. I ended up not really having a theme! I love his 2nd B-day cake, that 2 looks really neat on top!
Post a Comment