Friday, April 23, 2010

Aloha Friday - Leaving on a Jet Plane


I'm linking up with Island Life for another Aloha Friday. Because Friday is a day to relax in Hawaii, I'm going to ask a question that takes very little thought for you to answer.
I love to travel and in a genius move, I married a man who loves to travel as well. Another genius move - we put our son on his first plane at three months old so we are developing in him a love to travel as well.

The problem is I'm not very organized in my desire to see NEW places. To rectify this, I'm making a list - a list of our Future Destinations!!

So, my question is this:

What has been your favorite vacation destination and why should I add it to my list of places to go?

Answer:

My favorite trip since I've been married is St. Simons Island, Georgia. We went on our honeymoon and again a few years later. Beautiful beaches, great golf (a must for my husband), and only an hour from Savannah. My favorite trip overall is Greece and you can read about why in this post.

Have a great, relaxing weekend - go on an adventure somewhere!!

25 comments:

Serendipity is Sweet said...

My favorite vacation spot is our family cottage on Lake Michigan. It's so gorgeous there in the summer. Warm days, cool nights, lake breezes, beautiful sunsets. Lots of nature. So relaxing...and nostalgic for me as I grew up vacationing there.

Carrie said...

I love to travel, too! It's hard for me to choose a place so I am going to say the beach. I am hoping that my future includes the beaches of Hawaii, Mexico, and the Caribbean just to get started! :D

Karen said...

Of course I'm a mountain girl so anything near the GSMNP is a must - especially really cool waterfalls (I.e. Grotto Falls & Spruce Flats Falls are my favorites)- I will travel just about anywhere to see a waterfall. Overall favorite trip of course was Greece. Currently at the top of my must see list are Ireland, New Zealand,Germany, and the Canadian Rockies. (Iceland was on the list, but since it's kind of exploding right now, probably not a good idea...)

Kelley said...

Italy! It has got to be on everyone's bucket list for certain. It's just beautiful and to see a different way of life is magical. The history, art architecture, phenominal. FOOD- nomnomnom!!!
The people are friendly ...I cant say enough..I was so lucky to go there for work (free) YA-ME! and it is one my list for my family, for sure!

Julie said...

Jeremy and I went to the beautiful islands of Hawaii for out honeymoon, so you'll definitely want to add that to your destinations list. I'll let you know how our Vegas trip in June(Grand Canyon/Hoover Dam) turns out,even though I MUCH prefer tropical climates. :)

Our 'wish' destinations include: (1)Bora Bora(MEGA bucks for this place but it would soooo be worth it(more $$ than Hawaii)...the place where Couples' Retreat was filmed--check out the pics on the web), (2)South Africa(Jeremy REALLY wants to go here), Greece(also one of Jeremy's top places),(3)St.Lucia(where Scotty and Micalyn honeymooned and where this past season's Bachelor was filmed--LOL!) We figured we'd be able to do #3 since the plane tickets aren't astronomical. ;)

Of course, this things can't remotely come close to happening until we are finished paying for 2 children in day care, and when I complete my master's degree. But I'm already planning the #1 trip in my mind. LOL!!!

Laufa said...

My favorite vacation was Turtle Beach in FL. We lived in FL, but trekked to the Gulf Coast to camp right on the beach and visit Barnum, from Barnum and Bailey's Circus, Mansion. It was beautiful.

Buffie said...

I really enjoyed our vacation to Williamsburg, VA. I loved that it was time away and educational in a hands on way. Lots of great history there.

Christi said...

I'm not sure about my favorite place-- I guess Martha's Vineyard.

We did live in Savannah for about a year and a half. While we were there, we traveled all up and down the east coast-- including Georgia's Golden Isles. I, too, love St. Simon. My favorite though was Cumberland Island. Wild horses, mile wide white sandy beaches, no stores, just island!! It was beautiful. Add it to your list, it wouldn't take you but about 8 or 9 hours to drive there. :)

Becca said...

I really love New Orleans! :)

Annie said...

My favorite was a cruise for the caribbean and think you may try it.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Happy Friday and weekend.

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I want to go to the grand canyon.

Anonymous said...

Monterey, California! Gorgeous beaches and loads of stuff to do.

Seventeen Mile Drive has Pebbles Beach, perfect for your golfing hubby!

Susan Cook said...

A cliche - but my fav. is Disney World - been there 4 times.

Some day I also want to go to Arizona.

Anonymous said...

Mu favourite vacation spot was Newfoundland, Canada. My husband and I spent about 10 days out there and it was a very enchanting place.

We loved it so much that we've been considering moving there ever since we came back home 4 years ago. It's like Scotland, but in Canada... And probably much better. So what if I've never been to Scotland, and so what if I'm Canadian and might be just a little biased.

Unknown said...

I love Vancouver, BC. The food is delicious and Whistler is beautiful.

Unknown said...

I love Sanibel Island Fl. It is so wonderful and peaceful. My husband loves to go shelling and there are tons on the beach. Also the waters are warm and peaceful. I LOVE it!!

Tina K Rogers said...

Grayton Beach and stay on Cottage Street! My favorite vacation as it is the most relaxing place i've been! Go for a week. hardly any phone service/ internet so, i mean you are totally relaxing!!!!! So many bike trails, state park beaches and awesome food and art galleries! we are making it an annual event!!!!
skiing is fun, disney world is definitely awesome!
my dream vac is a medditerranian cruise! which we're going to do for ivy's senior present!!!
but hands down grayton wins! it's just nice to sit and not have a schedule! i like historical places to. scott and i went to south dakota to mount rushmore and the badlands and that was pretty cool!!! good luck!

Anonymous said...

San Francisco and New York City. Just because of the cities and their uniqueness :) Have a great weekend :)

Kristen Andrews said...

Napa Valley, so relaxing, good food and of course good wine, we also drove along the coast and that was beautiful!

Melanie Penelope said...

My favorite trip has been our Mediterranean cruise in June/July of 2008. It was incredible! You can read all about it at http://smellyann.typepad.com/european_on_me

Happy travels to you!

Weblate Design said...

My favorite vacation destination has been South Padre Island. For one we went for our honeymoon, so there is some sentimental value with the place. But it was amazing, the beach, near Mexico for added shopping and cultural diversity, they have a sea turtle rescue aquarium, and plenty of other great things!

Happy Aloha Friday and FF!
Deal Daddy
http://www.dealdaddys.com

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I have few favorites, but I think a MUST vacation destination is Austria - especially Vienna and Salzburg.

Beth said...

John and I went to Hawaii for our honeymoon, and I would HAVE to recommend it to you! It was the most AWESOME place ever!!!! Ofcourse, I haven't been too many places to compare it to, but the weather, people, views, food, and just everything about it was incredible! Well worth the time and $$$. If you do go, stay in Maui, don't go to Honolulu. It's just not as nice! And take lots of $$$ and lots of time!!!!!

Colette S said...

We went to Hawaii. You need a few weeks to really get to enjoy Hawaii. there is so much to see and do and it's the right weather and just gorgeous!

I will not regret going.

Or you could go to Jamaica :)

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

sounds wonderful! I have never been to Georgia, other than driving through. Maybe that needs to be our next trip!