Thursday, April 1, 2010

So Many Things...

... have been going on in the last week that I want to blog about, but I just haven't had time. So, I'm going to blog about it ALL right here in this one post. So, here's a little of "this and that" from the life we love!

Caleb, Kutless, Casting Crowns, and Charles:
Ben and I had the opportunity to go to a concert with these three great bands last weekend. It was a fun, uplifting, worshipful, sweet experience. Here are a few pictures I was able to take (of very low quality b/c of the lighting, but still...).

Caleb (This is Steven Curtis Chapman's son and his brother Will playing the instruments beside him. I had never heard him before, but we liked him.)


Kutless (surpisingly, our favorite of the night - I highly recommend their new worship album "It Is Well")



Casting Crowns (also great!!)

And on to my favorite part of the night - Thanks to WorldVision, we were able to match up with this great little guy to sponser him. This is Charles from Zambia:

This was the first guy we saw when we decided to sponser a child and I felt drawn to him then. (For those of you who know my family, you know Charles is a special name to us for a couple of reasons). But, we thought we wanted a little boy who shared Jack's birthday. After looking through several more, I still felt drawn to Charles so I began a search for the woman who had him and I FOUND HIM!! Yay!! He's become part of our family and it's been fun talking to Jack about him!
Bathtime with Daddy:
While I was at my small group Bible study this week, I came home to these pictures of a really fun bathtime.



Can you really look at this picture and not fall in love with my kid???? His hair still looked pretty much like this when I got home and those are the kind of reasons it's so hard not to fall in love with my husband too:)

Gigi Knows Spring:
Ben's fabulous and extremely talented grandmother (aka as Gigi) is not only using her creative bones to make Jack a FANTASTIC birthday cake in a week or so, but she also took the time to make me a PHENOMENAL Spring wreath for my front door. It looks better actually on my door but I'm not home and couldn't get a picture like that so this will have to do.

Thanks so much, Gigi!!

Transformation of a Sleepy Hunter: (egg hunter that is)
If you've been reading my blog for a while, then you know that the Foremans don't do mornings - not one of us. We are a little apprehensive about adding to our family for fear that the next member might not want to sleep til noon:) Needless to say, Jack "B" is normally still sleeping when we get to daycare promptly at 8:00 a.m. (maybe a little closer to 9:00:) But this morning, he had an Easter Egg Hunt so we worked really hard to wake up and GET EXCITED!! We practiced hunting last night; got our Thomas basket ready to go; got our Peter Cottontail shirt on (compliment of Lynsey at Just Breathe); and even brushed our hair (well, as much as we ever do!) So, here's the transformation:
Standing, but still asleep...
At least moving my eyes a little so Mom knows I'm aware that I'm standing...

Getting there... Thinking about a smile....
There it is... Finally, a happy hunter!

Easter Bunny:
I wanted to share Jack's picture with the Easter Bunny this year. It just wouldn't be Jack without those silly hands going!!


I hope you're week has been as fun and busy as ours!! Have a great April Fool's Day!

4 comments:

Heather said...

cute

Beth said...

Lori,
I have some other friends in my Bible Study that went to that same concert and they too loved Kutless.

We have a little boy from Ethiopia, and a little girl from Uganda. (Fedilu & Barbara) We adopted Fedilu through World Vision,and Barbara through Ugandan Thunder (Pennies for Posho). They came to our church. It's a group of I think about 13 little boys and girls that sing and dance. They were absolutely AWESOME and soooooo precious! They are just as humble and happy as you can imagine! What a blessing! Anyway, since we adopted them, everytime we pray whether it's at night or simply asking the blessing before meals, if me or John (whichever is praying) forgets to pray for Fedilu and Barbara, John Luke says "And we pray for Fedilu & Barbara!" It is fantastic! It's just proof that even a 3 year old is capable of prayers as important as us adults! And they can even remember better than us! I KNOW God hears those sweet, precious prayers everytime and will bless because of them!
Anyway, your little Jack is growing up so big and so handsome!! I love the bunny picture! Have a wonderful Easter!!!!!

Kim said...

Wow! You have been busy but having a lot of fun too. Have a fantastic Easter weekend!

Karen said...

Looks like yall have had a fun week. Love the wreath and I must say the Easter Bunny is a little less creepy w/ the glasses. :)