
I took a biblical sites tour to Greece right before I turned 21 with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Karen. Her college was taking a trip and they let me tag along. To this day, that is one of the best times I've had and one of my most favorite memories. It was a great, but small group of people and we just had a blast!! Our leader had been to Greece several times and he was a pro at knowing where to go and what to see. We stayed off the beaten path most of the time and it was just a time that I cherish so much. Here are a few (really a whole lot) of pictures from my trip:

Our group at the Castle at Kavala - Benji (not my Benji:), Emily, Mark, Karen, and me (our fearless leader, Dr. Browning, must have been taking this picture)

We had a long layover (which you can see that I love in this post) in Amsterdam and got to visit there for a day as well. This above picture is the Anne Frank house and below is me sitting in some random wooden shoe. (Those are McDonalds french fries in my hand - having been to three foreign countries now, I can say with some authority that McDonalds fries are universally GOOD!!)

temple at Corinth - "Paul stayed on in Corinth for some time. Then he left the brothers and sailed for Syria, accompanied by Priscilla and Aquila. Before he sailed, he had his hair cut off at Cenchrea because of a vow he had taken." Acts 18:18

Here is a group picture at Corinth - the big mountain behind us is Agracorinth and it was there that a viper snake crawled very close (or on top of) my foot. Dr. Browning found that event very entertaining since that was the type of snake that bit the apostle Paul. I was not as thrilled with the lesson.

Fairhavens - "We moved along the coast with difficulty and came to a place called Fair Havens, near the town of Lasea." Acts 27:8

Orchomenos - such a great day!!

waterfall at Edessa

Meteora; with Varlaam monastery in the background; Greece, 2003


On the walls of the Mycenaean citadel of Gla; Greece, 2003
I am so thankful for this trip and had such a good time with this today!



12 comments:
LOVED looking at your pics. again...jealous :)
What a great trip and time you must have had. My lil sister's roommate is overseas and I admit I get jealous. I dream of going overseas someday and told my husband I will go!
What an experience! SO cool! Greece is definitely on my list.
That was definitely a trip of a lifetime! The pictures are awesome...and they will always help you to remember all that you saw there.
Happy Wednesday!
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
Wow this is such a wonderful experience! I'm enjoying your sharing.
I just finished reading the Anne Frank diary and would just love to see where she lived.
That is definitely a cherished memory.
Thanks for sharing your trip.
wow, what a fantastic experience, Lori!
Oh wow how beautiful! I would love to be stuck in Amsterdam for a day also. What a trip of a lifetime, I would love to go one day.
LOL you crack me up with McD's frys :)
What a awesome trip and the pictures are great !!! Looks like you had a great time.
Thanx for sharing !!
Have a great day !!
Caroline
What an amazing trip! Very cool that your got to go with your friend. I would love to travel abroad someday.
What a wonderful opportunity! These are beautiful pictures with beautiful memories. I got goose bumps on the one at Anne Franks home.
Thank you for sharing!
beautiful!!! your post made me SOOO excited for our trip to Turkey!!! :) yeah! I love history and seeing historical site. your trip looks amazing!
That looks like such an incredible trip! I would've been so scared if a snake crawled anywhere near me!!
Post a Comment