Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Story of Us


I'm a day late hooking up with Jenilee for my walk down memory lane, but I figured better late than never, right? I'm thinking back to my engagement and marriage (LONG before I was blogging...).

We had known each other for years, but didn't really KNOW each other. Then, my best friend (and cousin) married his best friend and there we were - together all the time. Pretty soon, we were laughing together...



...telling secrets...

...and going everywhere together...


After just seven months, we got engaged and we just couldn't stop smiling!!

We did silly things together...



... and had all kinds of fun together....



We just liked to be together! Seven more months after the engagement, we got married in December of 2004.



I think we've learned a lot so far - about each other and about marriage. We've learned to lean on each other.



We've learned to stay really close to each other.



We learned to appreciate each other and to look at each other often.



We've learned that we have wonderful and supportive families and to be thankful for them.




We've learned that we have AMAZING friends and to be with them as much as possible!! (We've been very blessed to add to these along the way!)



We've learned that hugs are really great....


...but kisses are even better!


We've learned to just let loose sometimes.


We've learned to give good gifts to each other...

... you know, like grace, forgiveness, kindness, gentleness, self-control, love, peace, patience - those kinds of gifts (if he throws a few extras in along the way, I don't normally complain:).

And we've learned to throw caution to the wind sometimes.


But more important than these lessons, we've also learned that we're on a journey - an adventure together!!


It's exciting, but the purpose is what's important. The purpose is two becoming one to the glory of the One who is completely holy, completely good, and completely true!! Knowing that, we've found a place to get involved in His mission.


And we've learned that the way to grow closer to each other on our adventure is to keep our eyes on the cross...


... and as we both grow closer to Jesus, we will automatically grow closer to each other!

Lots of lessons - lots of fun - lots of memories - and lots more to come!! We have been so blessed by God, we just feel like we get to have our cake...


...and eat it too!


Hope you guys have a good memory today too!
*All photography in this post is by Patsy Brown at A Thousand Words Photography.

10 comments:

Jenilee said...

I'm so glad that you did join in!!! I LOVE your post! everything about your wedding looks amazing! the cake looks very yummy too! thanks for sharing such a wonderful day in your life with us. :)

Christi said...

This is a fun post! It looks like your wedding was pretty fun, too! Wow-- 7 months, huh? :)

Kim said...

I love this post! So creative with your words and the awesome pictures to go with them.

Our 11th anniversary is next week so I wanted to do a post on my hubby and I before marriage. Now I am going too!

Diana said...

A truly BEAUTIFUL memory! Joy and Happiness to both of you, and the Lord's continued grace upon your marriage! Thank you for sharing this with us! I have been blessed by visiting you today :-)

Tina K Rogers said...

Great post Lori! i wish you and ben the happiest longest marriage! these pictures are beautiful!

Linda said...

Beautiful Bride...Handsome Groom...Cool Pictures!

I am so glad you linked up your post.

Blessings to you and your Hubby.

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Shonna said...

What a gorgeous wedding you had!!! LOVE your post...how creative are you?!?!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

What a beautiful post! You are both truly blessed with a beautiful love...and it looks like you've built your marriage on the solid rock of Jesus, which is even better. Thank you for sharin what you've learned...just beautiful!

Continued blessings...

Beth said...

I love this post! You are sooo creative! I am NOT! Our anniversary is coming up very soon, but I am sure my post will not be nearly as creative! Love the pictures!

Megan said...

Love this post! What a great walk down memory lane for you. Thanks for sharing it with us! =)