Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Tale of Two Daves

This post is a sequel to my post about Jack's Favorite Friend - Dave the Giraffe. If you haven't read that post, you may want to click over there and check it out first.

So, Jack takes Dave everywhere and he's become an important member of the family. If you are close to my family, then you know who Dave is and you also know that when you invite us to do something, you're inviting Dave as well.

A few weeks before Jack's 3rd birthday, he and I were in a children's store and THERE HE WAS - a BIG DAVE hanging in the store!! Jack COULD NOT BELIEVE HIS GOOD FORTUNE!!! Of course, we had Dave (who immediately become "Little Dave") with us and Jack began introducing the two and never took his eyes off the new "Big Dave" the entire time we were there.

An aside here: Big Dave was actually an infant rug, but he did look exactly like our Dave and Jack just knew that he had been placed there just for him!! He was hanging right on the front as we walked in the door - there was no way NOT to see it! I almost thought the store owner knew us and had done that on purpose:)

Well, since it was an infant rug (and I couldn't imagine why my child would need an infant rug), I somehow (being very creative about Big Dave's needs or something) got out of that store without bringing Big Dave home with us. We were relaying the story to my parents and guess what Jack B got for his birthday from Grandaddy and Granny San?? Oh yes, we now have "Little Dave" AND "Big Dave" and my three year old just thinks this is the coolest thing ever!
The day he got Big Dave:
Now, this is what I'm dealing with:
They really do look just alike, don't they? We have determined that Big Dave doesn't like to go places with us but prefers to sit in the car. He's very shy!! :)
And before I go (b/c Carrie is obviously never going to post these pictures), here is a cute one of Jack (on his birthday Sunday) and Ella Charles (on her baby dedication Sunday):
I know - they're both pretty spectacularly adorable!!

9 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your cute little guy!

I loved your post about Big Dave and liitle Dave, so funny and meant to be that you would see Big Dave!

Have a wonderful day!

Carrie said...

Those are 2 mighty cute kids. I am trying to keep up with my new daily assignments that's why I haven't posted yet. BTW, that pic of Jack with both Dave's might be my favorite EVER. SWEET SWEET, little man JACK. Oh how Aunt DEE DEE loves him...

Karen said...

LOL! Adorable post and pictures...gotta love grandparents!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I have to say, that is adorable! Especially the one in the bed! Big D is a great addition to the fam, huh!?

XmasDolly said...

Well I have a Big Dave too! I love your story about your Daves! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL' DAVE! Those babies are adorable! Thanks for stopping by. Hope you enjoyed yourself. Following you and have a nice weekend.

Laufa said...

That is cool that he has Big Dave and he's washable. At least you don't have to pretend he's there (imaginary friend).
Ella is so wide eyed and beautiful.

Cathi said...

One of my favorite places to holiday is Yosemite National Park. When our kids were growing up we went every summer and we've been back with our grown kids and grandkids too. It's beautiful with many hiking trails and places to visit.

Colette S said...

Continued birthday wishes to your little one. It's always such a wonderful thing to be surprised :)

I love the photos!

Amy @ Marvelous Mommy said...

Aw so cute!