Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday's Walk - What Jack Learned Last Summer

I've come to realize that most of my posts are about lessons learned lately, but I think that's because God has shown me that He's always trying to reveal Himself to me in new ways and help me learn more about who He is and His mission for my life. Anyway, I thought for my walk down memory lane today, I would blog about some of Jack B's lessons from last summer. We are getting ready to go the beach FOR A WEEK (I'm a little bit excited:) so I've been thinking a lot about all the fun we had last summer.

Jack learned so many things! He learned...
...that if he made this cute face, Mommy would laugh!

And that if he hid his face from me...
...I would take a picture anyway!

He learned...
...how to drive a race car...

...that mom and dad pick some really great resturants and...
...the food is worth having to deal with the photo outside the resturant.

He learned that his big new yard...
...would be really great for playing ball.

He learned that he loved the water...
...and the sand...
..but when he's done...
...he's done and READY TO GO!

He learned that Sesame Street...
...and Thomas and Friends...
put on a pretty good show!

He learned that riding on Thomas the Train....
...wasn't all he expected it to be, but...
...Sir Topham Hat was a lot of fun!

He learned that the moutains...
...was a pretty fantastic place to visit.

He learned that Daddy gives the best rides...
... and is by far the best water companion...
...cause Mommy gets tired doing these kinds of games really fast!

Most of all he learned that the summer is full of beach fun...
...but what makes it really great is being there together!

If you want to know what I learned last summer, you can read this post.

I wander what we'll learn this summer?? I can't wait to find out!

13 comments:

Melanie Eccles said...

Lori! I LOVE this post! That little man of yours is amazing! And the family photos are especially beautiful!
I love that you wore your grandmother's engagement ring--that is so special. I also wore my mom's pearl earrings that she wore on her wedding day. :) I can't wait to do a wedding post in a couple weeks!

And the prayer scrapbook--that is beautiful and so meaningful!

Have a blessed Wednesday!

Caroline said...

I love this post and today well the past week , I have been thinking of how much a child learns. My baby My Carly turns one tomorrow and oh the changes they make. Thanx for sharing this ..
Have a great Wednesday !!
Caroline

Carrie said...

It's about time...I was wondering where you were this morning!

These pics. made me cry...really. I have been so emotional about Jack growing up lately! Who knows why...I loved looking back and actually remember being a part of a lot of these moments! :)

Looking forward to a little beach time myself...

Debbie Petras said...

Lori, your Jack is so adorable! I loved the photos.

As I was reading about how Jack is learning, I thought we are never too old to learn, are we?

Thank you for sharing your memory with us. May you have a wonderful summer with lots for Jack to learn again this year.

Blessings,
Debbie

Jenilee said...

such great pictures of your adorable family! :) We also LOVE the beach! :) and that shark towel is super cute. thanks for telling us about your beach adventure!

Linda said...

Jack has learned so much...and had lots of fun from the looks in the pictures.

You have been enjoying life and it shows!

Have a blessed week!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Gottjoy! said...

I posted earlier, but it threw me out. That has happened twice today. Ugg...Anyway, your pictures are so precious and I love the way you formatted these memories! What a treasure for Jack to look at one of these days. He is adorable=)!

Alexis AKA MOM said...

What an awesome post with so many GREAT things and pictures to share. I so agree God is always showing me more to learn and to take away from. It may not always be what I want it to be put then in the end I see why.

This year will be even better :)

The Social Frog said...

Great post and beautiful pictures!

Sara said...

Your post is amazing! Such beatiful pictures and memories.

You were right, I looked and looked until I found Cole's hat:)


Have a great weekend,
Sara

jayayceeblog said...

You have a beautiful family ... is that the cutest kid ever or what? Great photos - so frame-worthy and scrapbook-worthy and Christmas card picture-worthy!

Colette S said...

I love your post! The photos are just lovely and the lessons :)

You have a darling family.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post. I really enjoyed the pics and captions. You've given your son some great experiences already. Lucky guy!

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. So glad you joined us! Wishing you the best weekend evah!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com