Thursday, April 29, 2010

Aloha Friday - Character is Important


In Hawaii, Fridays are the day to take it easy so Island Life is hosting Aloha Friday again - ask an easy question and answer it and wait and see what neat answers you get. If you want to link up, just visit Island Life and add you question to the list.

I love TV on DVD - am just addicted to it b/c I can stop and start it at will which is good with a three year old. I can also enjoy it while my husband works away for three weeks at a time. I've been watching Ally McBeal lately and I was thinking what a crazy, nutcase character she is. So, that eventually brought my loose associations to this question for this week:


Question: If you could be any character (from a movie or tv) who would it be OR who is your favorite character (from a movie or tv)? If you have time, tell me why.


Answer: Most like to be - Lorelai Gilmore from the Gilmore Girls just b/c I love her witty personality (well, maybe Rory b/c she's much younger:)


My favorite character - I have so many but I'm going to go with Michael Scott from The Office b/c it's my favorite show right now.


Understand that on any given day, my answers could change:)


Have a great, relaxing Friday and a wonderful weekend!! Aloha!

31 comments:

I am Harriet said...

I love the Gilmore Girls. It would be cool to actually know them as real people.

Have a great Friday!
http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/do-you-carry-proof-of-citizenship-with-you/

Rach said...

I love Ally Mcbeal!

Emily :) said...

Oh my gosh Lori, Ally McBeal was the only show I watched in high school. I LOVED that show! I still practice "theme song therapy" in my life to this day. :)

I am really not sure which character I would be. But I will spend all day wondering now.... :)

Jess said...

I'm with Emily I have no clue! Right now I feel like Cinderella lol not the princess part but the kids yelling mamaaaaaaa & cleaning cleaning cleaning

Stacy Uncorked said...

I love Ally McBeal!

What a great question - and a tough one, since I'm like you - my answer would change on any given day.

But right now? I'd love to be Fiona from USA Network's 'Burn Notice' series - she's gorgeous, sexy and tough as nails. :)

Tina K Rogers said...

so, i absolutely have to know how you are watching ally mcbeal? did you buy the dvd? i love lov e love that show!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm as far as this question, i never get time to watch any tv. if the tv is on it's on fox cause my hubby is watching it. i guess one of those blonds on Fox. They all look awesome!!!! Other than that, I can't even tell you a character of a show right now!!! Maybe one day my life will slow down and i can watch tv again!

Anonymous said...

Boy that takes some thought! Most of the time I am happy being me. Maybe Shelly Long's character in the Money Pit-she ends up with her love and a beautiful house.

Together We Save said...

I love Golmore Gilrs too! Who could I be.... I will have to think on it!

Anonymous said...

I'd be Jack Bauer from 24. Love that dude :) Have a great Friday :)

Unknown said...

I also heart Gilmore Girls and Ally McBeal! I could totally relate to both of them.

I have also been able to relate to Samantha from the movie Sixteen Candles.

jayayceeblog said...

Ally McBeal was always one of my favs when it was on. I bought the Vonda Sheppard (spelling?) sound track from the show - it's great! And I have the entire DVD set of Gilmore Girls. Watching it just makes me smile. My latest favorites are Brothers & Sisters and Parenthood. Have a great weekend!!!

Annie said...

Maybe Jo Frost (Nanny) because she have a response for everything.

Thanks for stopping by my blog

Happy Friday and weekend.

Colette S said...

Character I like ...both would be Angela Bassett and Ralph Fiennes.


And I'm Wanda in Bernie Mac.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I would love to be Lorelai Gilmore too! She's smart, witty, beautiful, she has an AMAZING wardrobe, she did a pretty damn good job with Rory and she has my dream job... and she loves Luke, which is my husband's name. Hell-o!

Character I love the most would have to be Sue Sylvester from Glee... She's hilarious. Although, the duo of Jim and Dwight comes first, I didn't really think they'd count because I love the two of them together.

Natalie A. said...

I'm really not sure! I can't think of anyone! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you have a great weekend!

~ Noelle said...

i have no clue...
have not been watching much tv lately...

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

Loved Lorelai, too!! Not sure who I would be now.

Carrie said...

You have said it all...nothing left to add! :D

Beth @ TheAngelForever said...

Hmmm. . . not too sure. Of course, just for the fun of it I would love to be The Nanny (minus the voice). The quirky people on the show would have been fun. Her family also reminds me of mine.

Emily :) said...

Okay, I decided. I want to be Julia Sugarbaker from Desiging Women. I loved how she was always in the middle of the quirky, crazy people and she tried to maintain sanity and decorum but usually she would end up actin' the biggest fool. And she always gave the best impromptu speeches. :)

Becca said...

I would love to live the life of Serena van der Woodsen from Gossip Girl...but probably only for a week!

Susan Cook said...

This is a hard one. Maybe Meridith Grey on Grey's Anatomy - just because she gets to be married to McDreamy - lol.

sues2u2 said...

There was a show on in the 70's w/ Kristy McNichol & I desperately wanted to be her! Today? I don't know. Love about a million tv shows & movies though.

Hopie said...

I like Christina from Gray's Anatomy. She's so reminds me of one of my daughters. I don't know who I would want to be though...believe it or not I've always loved Olivia Walton.

Anonymous said...

Good choice with the Gilmore Girl. Hmm...I'd have to really think about this answer b/c there are lots.

Visiting and following from Friday Follow. So glad you joined us! Wishing you the best weekend evah!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining Friday Follow. Glad to have you part of the fun. Rita @ One 2 Try.

Love the beach photos.

Sara said...

You have the Sunshine award waiting on my blog. I love reading your blog and try to read it every day!
Have a great day,
Sara

Weblate Design said...

I know he is fictional, but I think I would like to be Homer Simpson. He isn't smart or rich, but he somehow has done like every job, and gone around the world. Yet somehow he still has his job and doesn't get any poorer. He also has been on tv for like 20 years and hasn't aged a bit! ;)

Kim said...

Laura Ingalls. I loved Little House on the Prairie growing up and would have loved to live during that time period.

PS-I tagged you in a game of three I posted on Saturday. Stop by and check it out and I hope you will play along. I enjoy reading your blog and getting your comments!

Irene said...

Hi,
what a beautiful blog. Thank you for stopping by my Aloha Friday.